But due to NCC commands, they asked Glo to stop the offer, which they obediently did (just to avoid NCC’s fines lol). Anyway, Glo is back again with the same free data day offer.
According to Glo;
All Glo customers can now enjoy a whole day of free data when they meet set of voice and/or data usage threshold within 7 days to the free data day.
Our telcos doesn’t give anything for free, there must be either terms & conditions or whatever policy they feel like adding to the offer.
Glo has officially announced September 28, 2017 as free data day. It doesn’t require much stress. There’s no subscription or whatever plan to opt in for. To be eligible for Glo free data day, you need to meet some certain requirements which I’ll explain here in this article.
How to be Eligible for Glo Free Data Day
To be eligible, ensure you do either of the following in the 7 days preceding the announced Free data Day:
- Use N150 or more on voice calls PLUS 100MB or more of data OR
- Use N250 or more on voice calls.
If you meet the above requirements, you will receive an SMS announcing your eligibility for the free data day.
What is the Data Capacity for the Glo Free Data Day?
Glo has made it clear that you will browse free on that day, but when you exceed 200MB, your browsing will stop. This is to say, it’s capped at 200MB.
Below are the Questions as well as the Answers for Glo Free Data Day
- What is the Glo Free Data Day offer? It is an offer which rewards Glo customers Free Data for a whole day when they meet set voice and/or data usage threshold in the week preceding the free data day. Customers enjoy the free data on that day without any need to opt in or subscribe.
- Who is eligible for this offer? All Glo customers who meet the set threshold.
- How do I know the Free Data Day? You will receive an SMS from Glo announcing the forthcoming Free Data Day
- What do I need to do to enjoy this offer? Once the Free Data Day is announced, ensure you use either of the following in the week (7 days) preceding the free data day: ➢ Minimum of N250 on voice calls OR ➢ Minimum of N150 on voice and 100MB data from any (or a combination) of : I. Pay as you use II. Existing data plan
- Do I need to opt in or subscribe to Free data day before I can enjoy free data on that day? No you don’t have to dial any code to opt in or subscribe in order to enjoy free data day. Just ensure you spend N250 or more on calls within 7 days to free data day OR you spend at least N150 on calls and use a minimum of 100MB within 7 days to the free data day.
- How will it be announced? It will be on the media communication channels. In addition, SMS will be sent to create awareness and encourage customers to achieve the threshold in order to get the Free data
- Is there a way to monitor my voice and data usage? E.g. by dialing a code? Not yet available. But you can monitor your Main account depletion through #124*1# after making calls or using data.
- What is the volume of data I’ll get on that day to browse for free? A whooping 200MB is what you get to enjoy on that day
- How often can I get the offer? Once a week? Announcements will always be made via SMS to herald the free data day.
- What if I use less than N250 on voice in 7 days before the Free Data Day? You will not get the free data on the designated day
- Will I qualify if I recharge N250 or more within the 7 days? No you will not. It is either you use: I. N250 or more on calls ONLY OR II. You use at least N150 on calls PLUS at least 100MB within the 7 days
- What if I use N100 on voice and more than 100MB on data? You will not get the free data on the designated day
- What if I used my N250 on data only? You will not get the free data on the designated day
- What if I use N250 on voice and SMS? You will not get the free data on the designated day because SMS usage is not one of the qualifiers
- What categories of calls are recognized as voice usage? Calls made from Main account to Glo line, non-Glo line and International destinations.
- Will calls made from bonus account qualify for free data day? Calls made from Bonus accounts will not qualify for Free Data Day
- Will data usage from pay as you use on data qualify? Data usage of 100MB or more from PAYG within 7 days to the Free Data Day plus at least N150 voice calls usage within the same 7 days period will qualify for free data on the designated day
- Will data usage from existing data plan qualify? Data usage of 100MB or more from an existing data plan within 7 days to the Free Data Day plus at least N150 voice calls usage within the same 7 days period will qualify for free data on the designated.
- What happens on the Free data day if I’m already enjoying a purchased data plan when I received the free data? The free data bundle is credited to your account with 24hrs validity and gets consumed first before your purchased data plan.
- What happens if I do not have an existing data plan when I received the free data? The free data will be credited into your data bonus account and available for use on the free data day.
- What is the validity of the free data if I do not have an existing data plan? The validity expires at 23:59 on the free data day
- Do I have to be on a specific profile or plan to get enjoy free data day? No. All customers on Glo network are eligible once they achieve the set usage thresholds.
- How do I know that I have received the free data? You will be notified via SMS
- How do I check my Free Data Day balance? Dial #122# to check your Free Data Day balance if you do not have an existing data plan OR dial *170*0# if you have an existing data plan
- What if my Free Data Day account validity period expires? Any unused free data day bonus balance from will be lost upon expiration of validity period.
- What if my Free Data Day bonus gets exhausted before its validity period expires? Subsequent data usage will be from Main account at pay as you go rate of N1 per MB Or from your data plan if you have a purchased data bundle running
- Will I get notified when the free data bonus is exhausted? Yes you will get notified when you have exhausted your free data bonus
- Can I share my Free Data Day bonus with another Glo customer? NO, you cannot
- Can I gift out my Free Data Day bonus? NO, you cannot
- What happens if I migrate to another tariff profile? Any unused free data day bonus balance from the previous profile will be lost upon migration.
Are you ready for Glo free data day?